24 October 2007

Round & Round the Merry Go Round of Life

Greetings, i hope it's sunny & shining in your life where you are, we're waiting for rain . . . hello Monsoons, where are you?? It's certainly hot & humid, the frogs are croaking & ready for the down pour.
I've finally got all the chicken pox children back to school, that was a fun month with a 4 child relay. Thanks to the vaccinations, they all got varying cases from very mild/ princess pox, to pretty dreadful. That's when we realised our son wasn't vaccinated, you know, we were busy. Sorry baby boy, we do love you & you have been very brave for a 3 1/2 year old, not to scratch.
In the mean time, i've done some new products for super fabulous Pip of Meet Me At Mike's new store in Fitzroy.
NEW fabric packs - ones making up a yard & smaller fabrix fix packs with story book panels
3 panel breakfast cushion covers in lots of Summery goodness
Then sewing up a storm for the lovely Tanya, of Lily&Agathe fame in France, with sweet French product translations, by my darling friend Ines on the reverse of the removable tags. Lots of rattle cubes & tote bags. Have a look at their on line store for extra special Christmas gifts, with genuine vintage fabrics & lots of love.
original Bonne Nuit Les Petites & Noddy fabric
we were already MASSIVE Noddy fans, thanks to my English Mummy
I've always loved fabric covered & trimmed lampshades, these went with a cowboy, gingham & denim patchwork quilt order earlier this year. I will be adding lampshades to Posie in the new year.
all ironed & glued in place, then hand stitched, for a lucky little cowboy
Have fabulous weeks everybody!! Mydarling husband is home after a nice round trip of the Northern Territory (yes, they hit a kangeroo, actually it was already road kill & there was no damage to the car) so we're having a lovely family weekend with happy, healthy children again. Keeping it simple staying at home, except for a Tupperware Party, preschool learning day & open day at the local Steiner School on Saturday & i will do the local Sunday markets. Hey, we've quit ballet!! Love Posie

14 comments:

Jade said...

Glad to hear the brood are healthy again! I love those bags and blocks with the Noddy fabric. I'm a sucker for vintage kids fabric. Also, apologies for the delay in getting your PIF package out the door. We had gastro last week and that kinda set me back a few days. I'm aiming to post your parcel towards the end of the week. Cheerio!

Stacey said...

Hi there! Glad to hear everyone has recovered from the dreadful chicken pox. I've had the boys immunised but only realised recently that I've never had it myself, so I probably should take myself off to the doctor for a jab as I believe its worse for adults.
I love the bear print fabric. It is just so sweet!
I'm a bit of a Noddy fan too - real Noddy - not the PC stuff we get these days!!

Sheridan said...

Do you know I actually dreamt about Noddy fabric last night, wondering if there was such a thing, and then here you are!

So pleased to hear that all your kids are well again!

Sheridan

Jenny said...

I love reading your blog and catching up with what you've been up to-busy as usual I see! You are very talented. I am glad you have been able to enjoy some happy and healthy family time together.

Peggy-Jean said...

The packs for Pip look awesome on the blog, hope they fly off the shelves at Mikes II. Love Liss

The Chatty Housewife said...

Hello there! Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog. It was a nice surprise. I would love to visit your area too someday because it sounds beautiful. I love your work! I wish I had a stash of vintage style material as big as yours. I do have a stash of material, but it is 80's prints (lots of pink and blue flowers)since it was all given to me by a friend who had kids at home during the 80's. Your photos inspire me to do more sewing of my own.

angelique said...

Hello, you are just so industrious! I don't know how you get all that done and tend to sickies as well.I am glad to hear all is well again and hubby's back home. Mine is too but just for a couple of weeks then he is off again.
Oh well such is life. Love the things for the frenchies.Cheers

Kirsty said...

Oh how I loved Noddy. I had a Noddy egg cup & treasured it.

Anonymous said...

oh Jennie everything in this post is soooo gorgeous. Glad the children are better!!

meetmeatmikes said...

Well Miss.. the fat sixteenths are fairly tearing out the door and down the road at Fitzroy! You did a beautiful job! How lucky for Lily and Agathe to have a little bit of Edna and Alice-May too. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow - you have super busy! Such gorgeous things - wish I could get a chance to go to Mikes @ Fitzroy and pick up some of your fabric packs :-)

And it's great to read that your loved ones have recovered.

smiles said...

wow you have done some great stuff i love the lamp shades if only i was that creative can wait to start my own sewing

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Anonymous said...

Hey just becoming a member, glad to be here! I'm Yael and I am inspired by life, I'm a fan of working and currently being nutritious :)

Sooo anyways, plenty about me, see you around and hello again haha.

BTW, what can I do to change the little picture thingy like some people have, I like it but can't figure it out haha