11 January 2010

step back in time . . . vintage finds (at the supermarket)

Greetings all,

Thought i might share this little beauty with you . . . i often see all these amazing vintage finds on blogs & well, can't ever find anything like it around where i'm living at the time (Sydney, Darwin, Canberra . . .)  So this is something for everyone - it's new, it's from Aldi & it's under $50!!  So it's retro styling with a current warranty, perfect.  Setting one is gale force, perfect for these ridiculously hot evenings.


Does anyone else have a child who 'dresses' for dinner.  I mean, a fascinator with her jammies (after swimming, bleary eyes) then pearls??  I know she's been watching Mad Men over my shoulder but this particular daughter has been accessorising like this since she was 2.  Anyone else have a child who teams a wonder suit with a skinny belt, long socks over the top & an evening bag, to sleep in a cot??  All i can remember as a child choosing clothes - i wouldn't have worn ANYTHING that made me stand out.  Her twin sister is more conservative, however, she did ask last year how to make her public school uniform look more 'French' & started wearing a beret to school, much to the delight of the principal & hello, next school information booklet, there was a big photo of our 'French' exchange student in her beret, scarf & Mary Janes with tights.

This child frequently wears a change of clothes under her school uniform - yikes, like she's going to get changed & wag school.  She is definitely one to watch.  Wish me luck, only 10 years until she's 18 with a license, she's counting it down!!  Gulp, love Posie

7 comments:

bec said...

I'd take it as a compliment, she obviously thinks dinner is worth dressing up for! Mine would eat nude if I let her. Do love that fan though, if I have moeny left after eent, I may check it out this week, i'm dying today! Finished True Blood....when's Season 2 out?

Sarah said...

I love that she dresses for dinner with a cocktail hat and pearls! So very 1930's! She should be in Gosford Park! Enjoy it now as there may come a stroppy teen revolution of holey jeans, mismatched socks and unbrushed hair!!

Julie said...

I think thats a great idea, there should be more dressing for dinner. Not sure about the get up under the school uniform that could be interesting later on.

Liz said...

Well she's very obviously got 'character' and that's something to be encouraged I'd say! Gorgeous.
Lizzie
XXX

Kylie said...

You mean to tell me you dont dress for dinner? LOL

THat daughter of yours is a classic and definitly one to watch. Good luck with her...

Love the purls and fasinator - who not:)

Grea find on the fan - it is sre to keep you cool in this hot weather you are having down there at the moment.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yes, it's always silver service here at our home, in formal attire & bling!!
If only you could see them tonight - in bikinis & all different states of undress.
I'm off to buy another one of those fabulous fans though, my studio is steaming!! Love Posie

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just visited my Dad today and he has the same fan....
NO! My daughter never dressed up until now. She will dress up just to sit around the house. Hair, makeup the whole thing....