15 August 2012

snap it 'small'

Greetings all,
Well feeling a whole lot better this Wednesday than last - just a little dry cough left - so joining in Faith Hope & a Whole Lotta Love's Snap It 'small' . . . 
i give you some of my smallest Babushka members . . . 
 my small children are learning about manners at school - my mother used to say "point with your elbow" subtle . . . 
 found this small childhood memory on my keyboard this morning, a chatterbox with messages like "you shall see a pom pom/ rainbow/ shooting star/ death" & "you shall eat a pie."  I love discovering how my children think creatively - from pom poms to death??  Anyone who thinks children are boring are crazy, they are SO entertaining, albeit black comedy!!
 I took this photo of my small family to my 10 year school reunion, hiccup, this year is my 20th!!  Luckily i've kept the same husband from the 5 year reunion, there have been a few divorces.
 This small fellow came along in 2004, he hogged most of the Italian genetics, as he's kept the jaundice olive skin & is brown ALL Winter.
 Finally, our smallest chickens - the Pekin bantams Oboe & Xylophone.
 Size comparison with a cabbage leaf & Rhode Island red adult hen . . . 
 & their same age Spangled Hamburgs friends.  They are the friendliest feathered pom poms in the chicken world.
I love small things that make my world go round, love Posie

15 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

Indeed. And from little things big things grow! Hope you have a lovely day Posie. :)

Stasha said...

Everything starts of small. What a sweet collection of small things!

Mum on the Run said...

Yep- beauty is in the small things. xxx

ally said...

Lovely collection of smalls :-)

Miki said...

Hi, Jennie! Thank you so much for dropping by my little blog! ;D I love your collection of babushkas, your chickens and what an adorable family you've made!

I've never been to a school reunion. I don't know, I always felt too shy and insecure, so I missed them. Now, I'm kinda curious to see some of my old classmates, but I'm thousands of kilometers away from my home country, haha.

Anyway, happy midweek! ;D And thanks again for your warm comment!

Miki.

Sophie Slim said...

So lovely to notice the small things around us. Right now my husband is playing his guitar - something I'm never treated to :) I'm telling you, because if I mention it outloud I'm afraid he might stop, hehee
xx

Shelley said...

Love all your smalls!

Julie @ Off to the Park said...

Love your collection of smalls :)

Julie @ Off to the Park said...

Great collection of things small :)

leanne can blog said...

NIce collection, that chatterbox brings back memories for me too!

Little Nan said...

Great collection of images!! My 20 year school reunion has come and gone...I didn't go though. Wish I did....scaredy cat I was!

Sally said...

Small is sweet indeedy.

The Accidental Housewife said...

Lovely smalls.

I missed my ten year reunion, I was a day or two off having Bug... I wish I had gone, but I would have been terribly nervous. I hope I have my same husband at my fiftieth reunion!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Don't you love the way kids think? My 2.5 year old the other day said that his baby brother had "Navy Blue eyes" - you've gotta love their application of new things that they have learned (and yes, his eyes are still that slate colour, though they are changing). Your soldier has the most gorgeous smile! No wonder you snapped him up! :) Nice work Posie.

Polly said...

Oh those paper answer things (do they have a name?...) I used to love them, and now you have me sitting wondering if I could remember how to make one.